CARACAL ADVENTURES LTD has supported initiatives that were of benefit to the environment, helped protect the environment and aided the communities in which we work. Our mission statements make the promotion of ecotourism and environmentally aware policies mandatory in every aspect of our business.
In our offices
Our offices have adopted a number of policies to reuse, recycle and conserve wherever possible.
- Paper conservation efforts such as two sided printing
- Changes to energy efficient lighting
- Using recycled paper where possible (including our price list)
- Providing more information by email and internet, reducing printed documents
In our planning
We have designed a number of itineraries that reduce the dependency on vehicles. Also, we now have a variety of activities that allow cultural interaction with proceeds helping the community.
- Walking, hiking and trekking safaris
- Fly-in safaris (saving the need for vehicles driving long distances)
- Community activities where our safari participants get involved
In our workshops
We have taken a number of steps in our workshops to make sure that we can reduce the carbon footprint created by our safaris. These include:
- Proper tyre inflation
- Engine tune-ups to improve fuel consumption
- Recycling of oil
- Driver training on driving techniques to reduce fuel usage
Children of Arusha and the surrounding communities who have been orphaned or find themselves on the street have the chance to improve their lives with the help Their drop-in centre in Arusha provides the first line of relief by offering shelter, food, basic medical treatment and education. CARACAL ADVENTURES LTD supports, a number of youth with boarding school fees. We also arrange for visits to the centres by travellers as part of our family safaris and for certain groups.Proceeds from these visits help with their ongoing activities.